Having a Nutribullet in your kitchen offers an amazing experience. It’s compact, powerful, and extremely user-friendly. It can prepare smoothies, sauces, soups, etc.
It looks like a sports bottle, with blades. It is divided into three parts – the base, which houses the electronics parts of this machine, the cup holds the ingredients which will be used for making foods, and the blades for cutting the ingredients.
Now, imagine you get up in the morning with a craving for your favorite smoothie. But your Nutribullet stopped working or starts working, but after a few seconds, it stops.
You are definitely disappointed or worried about the condition of your NutriBullet.
Here I am telling you, don’t panic, rather find out the possible cause for it. Here I have mentioned some reasons why the NutriBullet stopped working:
Why Does My Nutribullet Stopped Working?
The NutriBullet blades work with an electric motor. If you use the blender for too long, the motor may not work. Even blending for too long can cause motor damage.
Table of Content
- Your NutriBullet may stop working for reasons:
- 1. Unplugged Wire
- 2. Damaged Parts and Stripped Wires
- 3. Noisy Blender
- 4. Blades Cut Food Partially
- 5. Blades Can’t Cut Food
- What Will You Do If The Cup Stuck to The Base of Nutribullet?
- How Do You Deep Clean Your NutriBullet?
- Is There Any Chance to Overheat Your NutriBullet?
- How Long Can Your NutriBullet Last?
Your NutriBullet may stop working for reasons:
- Is your NutriBullet not spinning? Check the wire of it or you have forgotten to plug it.
- If the blades are not performing, you may overfill your NutriBullet cup or food debris might be stuck with the blades.
- If your NutriBullet is leaking, then the rubber seal might be cracked or damaged, or the cup may be cracked or you do not tightly secure the cup to the extractor blades.
- If the NutriBullet does not switch on, the cup tab might be broken, or the blender cord could be damaged or the NutriBullet is not plugged in.
Are you thinking about why your NutriBullet is not functioning? Here I have mentioned the possible causes of this malfunctioning and how to solve the issue.
Causes for NutriBullet Is Not Working
You may be worried while your NutriBullet suddenly stops its function. Though it is a machine, sometimes it will not work.
If your NutriBullet stops working when you’re mixing your smoothie, there are many reasons behind it.
1. Unplugged Wire
If you keep your NutriBullet quite far away from the power socket, the wire disconnects itself and causes your NutriBullet to stop functioning.
Check the power supply cable, if it is not connected to the power socket, connect it back and keep the machine closer to power sources to avoid the repetition of the same issue.
2. Damaged Parts and Stripped Wires
Due to damaged parts or stripped wire, sometimes your NutriBullet stops working. Before doing anything else, first, disconnect the machine from the main power socket to avoid any risk.
Next, check whether the wires of the NutriBullet are stripped or the internal parts are worn-out. Sometimes you can repair the damage at home.
Remove the casing of your NutriBullet by flipping the powerbase upside down and unscrew it. After removing all screws, you need to remove the base from the blender.
When you open the base, you can able to see the inside of the machine and check whether the wires have been stripped.
If you find the stripped wires or damaged parts, you need to replace it. You can either add new parts or wires or buy a new blender.
3. Noisy Blender
If your Nutribullet makes noise when you turn it on, it is possible that there is something stuck in the blades and it is preventing the blades from spinning to mix food.
Switch off the blender and remove the cup, base as well as lid. Look for food particles or other unwanted objects that could be trapped in the blades.
Utilize a toothpick or any other small tool to take out any debris objects. After that, attach all the parts again.
After you’ve finished, turn on the blender to check the NutriBullet makes noise or not.
4. Blades Cut Food Partially
If the blades of the NutriBullet are moving but cut the food partially, then there is a problem and you need to fix it. Probably, the blades are worn out and dull.
If you change your blades, new blades are well-made enough for cutting your food items properly.
5. Blades Can’t Cut Food
If you face the situation that the NutriBullet’s blades cannot cut the food, that means your blender is not working. There are several reasons behind this.
Let’s have a look at those:
- You Put Too Much Food In- The NutriBullet cup has a suggested fill line. If you cross this line, the blades may not be able to cut your food.
- The Blades are Jammed– If you do not clean the blades in between the uses, then there is a chance to build up food debris. Clean the blades thoroughly to eliminate this problem.
- The Motor Won’t Work– The NutriBullet blades are operated by an electric motor. If the motor doesn’t work, the reason is that you use the blender for too long. 30-60 seconds are the safest running times for the NutriBullet. Pause after this time or before increasing power. Blending for too long without pause can damage the motor.
- Pour Hard Foods– If you add hard foods like nuts or ice to your NutriBullet, it cannot work anymore.
You need to purchase the NutriBullet Pro version which is specially designed to grind whole nuts or any hard food. The blades of your standard NutriBullet cannot grind hard foods.
Read This: Can Your Put Ice in NutriBullet?
Add soft foods like fresh fruits and vegetables to your blender when you are making your smoothie. Add enough liquids while you are mixing in the blender.
Why My Nutribullet Leaking?
If your NutriBullet leaks the ingredients, it’s an indication of something wrong. The reasons why it can happen:
1. Damaged Rubber Seal
The Rubber Seal that is placed under the extractor may be damaged and this could be a reason why your NutriBullet has stopped functioning.
If the rubber seal is broken that means the cup will not be connected to the power base. So, the activators cannot detect the NutriBullet’s cup and the blender won’t run.
If the rubber seal is damaged, replace it as soon as possible to prevent any further injury to the NutriBullet.
2. Overfilled NutriBullet
A NutriBullet is overfilled with food, it can put a strain on the blade, you can also notice an overflow of liquid or food.
3. Cracked Parts
If any part of the blender is cracked, then the liquid will leak from the machine. For this, you do not need to change your NutriBullet, rather change the parts which are cracked.
4. Extractor Blades Are Not Connected Properly
If the extractor blades are not attached tightly, the liquid will leak from the NutriBullet. Make sure you fix it in a secure way to ensure that no liquid spills out when you run the NutriBullet. If the blade isn’t connected properly, it may be time to look for an alternative.
5. The Activator is Jammed Up
If the activators which connect Your NutriBullet ‘s cup to the powerbase are jammed, then the NutriBullet will stop working.
The food leakage can block the activators and cause the NutriBullet to stop functioning properly.
All you have to do is add some vinegar, oil, alcohol, or hot water to the activators.
With a q-tip and press the activators to see if they are able to move downwards. Repeat this process until you are able to easily push the activators downwards and they’re functioning.
6. Base Is Not Working
The base includes the motor which runs blades to mix properly. It has an ON-OFF switch.
If you check all the parts around the jar and do not find any fault, then there may be an issue in the base so that your NutriBullet stops working. But you can easily solve this issue.
You will be offered a three-year warranty on the NutriBullet from the date of purchase.
Contact customer service via email or by phone to replace the base. If you call or contact within the warranty period, within an hour the company will change the base.
7. Broken Blades
If none of these solutions has resolved your Nutribullet issues, then you should check the blades. Sometimes, when you are mixing, blades may have broken inside the cup so that your NutriBullet stops working.
How to Fix a Jammed NutriBullet?
Is your NutriBullet jammed? Are you confused about the solution? Usually, jamming appears between the latch and the jar so that the blades cannot move. To fix it, check the activators on your NutriBullet.
Each activator should be moved down when you press them, so you can try this. If they are not moved down, take vinegar, cooking oil as well as hot water and make a mixture with them. Then moisten the plastic activators with the mixture and let the mixture soak.
After that, you can push the activators without difficulty. Still, the activators are not moved, again you need to moisten them.
If you face the same issue, then it’s time to reach out to NutriBullet support. You may need new activators.
What Will You Do If The Cup Stuck to The Base of Nutribullet?
Don’t be worried if the NutriBullet’s cup is stuck to the base. Take a screwdriver and rotate the cup until it aligns with the actuator.
Keep the screwdriver beside the cup and pull it from its base. Once you have done that, pull the lip back toward the actuator. The issue has been resolved.
How Do You Deep Clean Your NutriBullet?
You can follow these steps to clean your Nutribullet blender:
- First unplug the base and unscrew the blades from the cup. Keep aside all the parts of your NutriBullet.
- Take soapy water and dip a sponge in it. Clean the cup from inside and outside. You can also wash the cup by placing it in the top rack of the dishwasher and run it or you can dip the cup in lukewarm water.
- Now take a few drops of dishwasher soap to the sponge and clean the blades by removing food debris.
- Next, take a dry rag and wipe down the cup from inside and outside. If all the parts are dry, you can again use the NutriBullet.
- If you want to clean the base, first you need to unplug it to avoid electrocution
- Next, take a damp rug to clean the base’s interior and exterior portion. Do not dip the base in the water or do not place it in the dishwasher. Otherwise, it can be damaged.
- Take a dry rag to wipe down the base.
Is There Any Chance to Overheat Your NutriBullet?
If you run your NutriBullet for more than 60 seconds, there is a chance to overheat the blender. If you need to blend longer, pause after every 60 seconds. This way your NutriBullet will stay away from damages.
How Long Can Your NutriBullet Last?
Usually, the blender comes with a 1year to 3-year warranty but if you maintain it properly, your Nutribullet can last for 5 years.